FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Press Office
SiSoftware Sandra XII (2008) Released: .NET and Java support
NB: This version has been replaced by Sandra XII SP1.
London, UK, August 15th 2007 - We are pleased to launch SiSoftware Sandra XII (2008), the latest version of our award-winning utility, which includes remote analysis, benchmarking and diagnostic features for PCs, servers, PDAs, smart-phones and networks.
Over time, there has been a continued and sustained growth in software portability and the development of software that can ultimately be executed on multiple platforms without recompilation. With the use of the software virtual machine (SVM) growing, be that .NET1 or Java2, the importance of offering a benchmark that measures their performance has grown.
The introduction of these benchmarks will soon allow the complete suite to be available on other operating systems - not just on Microsoft Windows, as we expanded into non-x86 architectures (IA64/Itanium3, x64/AMD64/EM64T, ARM) in the previous years. We have also added additional support for Virtual Machine and Runtime Engines to open up this information now to the our users.
Not everything in this release is virtual: as with all releases there is something very real in adding more and more support and trying to predict the new needs of our users as we achieved with each release. Support for digital certificates and cryptography, detailed information of the security settings, policies, users and groups of your computer, wireless networks and advanced charting.
This version adds the following new modules and functionality:
- .NET Benchmarking1
- .NET Arithmetic: Shows how well the system handles .NET arithmetic operations through the .NET CLR in comparison to other typical .NET CLRs.
- .NET Multi-Media: Shows how well the system handles .NET multi-media operations through the .NET CLR in comparison to other typical .NET CLRs.
- Java Benchmarking2
- Java Arithmetic: Shows how well the system handles Java arithmetic operations through the Java Runtime Engine (JRE) in comparison to other typical Java Virtual Machines.
- Java Multi-Media: Shows how well the system handles Java multi-media operations through the Java Runtime Engine (JRE) in comparison to other typical Java Virtual Machines.
- Information and Diagnostics
- Virtual Machines and Runtime Engines: Information about the software Virtual Machines (VM), Runtime Engines (RE) and software engines installed on your computer.
- Cryptography and Certificates: Information about the cryptographic providers, algorithms and security certificates installed on your computer.
- Sessions: Information about the client sessions hosted by your computer under Terminal Services.
- Users and Groups: Information about the users and user group accounts registered on your computer and on your domain.
- Wireless Support: Information about the wireless (802.11a/b/g/n) networks and devices in addition to the Bluetooth, IrDA (Infrared) and networking capabilities.
- Enhanced Network (LAN/WAN) Capabilities
- Bluetooth Devices and Networks
- Wireless Devices and Networks
- Terminal Servers
- Universal Plug & Play (UPnP) Devices and Networks
- New Advanced Charting Capabilities
- Differences Chart: view the differences between the tested device and reference devices.
- Components Chart: contrast the indexes against one another for both current and reference device.
- Performance vs. Speed: contrast the results against device speed (MHz, bps, etc.); how much more performance do you get from a faste device?
- Performance vs. Power: contrast the results against device power (TDP); how much more power does a faster device consume?
With each release, we add new support and compatibility for the latest hardware, architectures and operating systems, and this is no exception. SiSoftware continues to work with hardware vendors to ensure the best support for new emerging hardware.
- 4 native architectures support (x86, x64/AMD64/EM64T, IA64/Itanium3, ARM).
- 3 native platforms support (Windows, Windows Mobile, Windows CE4).
- Additional platforms supported through Java RE (e.g. Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OSX, Solaris5).
- Additional platforms supported through .NET CLR (e.g. Mono/Linux5).
- 19 established benchmarking modules, 4 new to this version.
- 38 detailed information modules, 4 new to this version.
- Huge official hardware support through technology partners (Intel, AMD/ATI, SiS, VIA)
- Future instructions set support (Intel SSE4.16, AMD SSE4A6) on x86 and x64/AMD64/EM64T platforms.
- 6 charting options: combined, detailed, differences, components, performance vs. speed charts.
- 5 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Russian) in a single installer.
- Enhanced Sandra Lite version (free for personal/educational use)
1 .NET (Compact) Framework 2.0 and later supported.
2 Sun Java SE 6 (1.6.x) and later supported.
3 By special arrangement.
4 By special arrangement; device SDK required.
5 By special arrangement; Applet version only.
6 Unreleased, next-generation pre-release platforms at publication time.
For more details, and to purchase the commercial versions, please click here.
Updating or Upgrading
To update your existing commercial version, please contact your distributor (sales support).
For more details, and to download the Lite version, please click here.
Reviewers and Editors
For your free review copies, please contact us.
SiSoftware, founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of computer analysis, diagnostic and benchmarking software. The flagship product, known as "SANDRA", was launched in 1997 and has become one of the most widely used products in its field. Nearly 700 worldwide IT publications, magazines and review sites use SANDRA to analyse the performance of today's computers. Over 9,000 on-line reviews of computer hardware that use SANDRA are catalogued on our website alone.
Since launch, SiSoftware has always been at the forefront of the technology arena, being among the first providers of benchmarks that show the power of emerging new technologies such as multi-core, GPGPU, OpenCL, DirectCompute, x64, ARM, MIPS, NUMA, SMT (Hyper-Threading), SMP (multi-threading), AVX3, AVX2, AVX, FMA4, FMA, NEON, SSE4.2, SSE4.1, SSSE3, SSE3, SSE2, SSE, Java and .NET.
SiSoftware is located in London, UK. For more information, please visit http://www.sisoftware.net, http://www.sisoftware.eu, http://www.sisoftware.info or http://www.sisoftware.co.uk