FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Press Office
SiSoftware Sandra 2004 Released
NB: This version has been replaced by Sandra 2004 SP1.
London, UK, October 2 2003 - Some people may remember the days when folks were saying it was fine to model the year in a date as a two digit number. Anyone at the time who had suggested that this was not enough would probably have been laughed at by some corporate executive: and then we had the year 2000 issue!
"Whatever was enough then is nowhere near enough now" is one of the cornerstone principles of SiSoftware's software design. There is a constant need for re-invention and growth to be able to offer our customers the tools they now need for their PCs.
There was a time when Sandra was only offered in one flavour and that was for Windows 32-bit on Intel compatible architecture. At that time it was enough - that was all there was - but that time is no more.
We are now expanding support in several directions: Shrinking in size to support remote benchmarking of Pocket PC 2000, 2002, Windows Mobile 2003 and Smart Phone 2002, 2003 operating systems while not forgetting the high-end with Sandra 64-bit for AMD64/EM64T2 which will extend Sandra to be the first IA64 and AMD64/EM64T2 commercial benchmark on the market right now.
It is no longer a case of walking into your high street electrical store interested in a PDA and finding yourself presented with a single choice. Now the choice is not that clear and how do you tell them apart? Sandra now allows clear comparison of PDA & Smart Phones via a single familiar desktop PC interface.
In our continued commitment to extend language support we have now added Italian to our single, easy to use, multi-lingual installer.
- Full Support for PDA / Smart Phone devices: All 10 benchmarks and many modules are fully supported on PDA and unlocked Smart Phones1
- Remote benchmarking of Pocket PC 2000, 2002, Windows Mobile 2003 and Smartphone 2002, 2003 operating systems. (based on Windows CE 3.0 and Windows .Net CE 4.2 For details see Compatibility List
- Two dedicated Internet Benchmarks: Internet/ISP Connection & Peerage Benchmarks
- Removable Storage/Flash Benchmark in addition to the File System Benchmark
- Multi-platform benchmark results (Win32 x86, Win64 IA64, Pocket PC ARM)
- Multi-language combined installer: English, French, Dutch, Russian and Italian (new in 2004).
- Greater support than before for the revolutionary AMD Opteron/Athlon 64/Athlon FX-64 single and multi-processor architecture (AMD Athlon 64/Athlon FX-64 CPUs; SiS 755/760, VIA K8T800/M chipsets; AMD 8111, SiS963/964 south bridges; NUMA up to 32/64 nodes; ACPI 2.0; SMBus 2.0)
- Support for Intel Pentium 4 2x400MHz architecture (Intel Pentium 4 2.4-3.2GHz EE CPUs Intel 865FX, 848P, 855PM/DDR333, SiS 648FX, 655FX chipsets; SiS 964 south bridges)
- Support for Intel Pentium M mobile architecture (Intel Pentium M 1.2-1.8GHz CPUs; Intel 855GM/DDR333 chipsets)
- Support for USB 2.0 High-Speed USB controllers (Enhanced HCI)
1 Requires device and applicable synchronisation software
2 Available as beta at this time. Also known as "64-bit Extended Systems"
For more details and to purchase the commercial (Professional, Legacy or Engineer) versions, please click here.
Updating or Upgrading
To update your existing commercial version, please contact your distributor (sales support).
For more details and to download the Lite version, please click here.
Reviewers and Editors
For your free review copies, please contact us.
SiSoftware, founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of computer analysis, diagnostic and benchmarking software. The flagship product, known as "SANDRA", was launched in 1997 and has become one of the most widely used products in its field. Nearly 700 worldwide IT publications, magazines and review sites use SANDRA to analyse the performance of today's computers. Over 9,000 on-line reviews of computer hardware that use SANDRA are catalogued on our website alone.
Since launch, SiSoftware has always been at the forefront of the technology arena, being among the first providers of benchmarks that show the power of emerging new technologies such as multi-core, GPGPU, OpenCL, DirectCompute, x64, ARM, MIPS, NUMA, SMT (Hyper-Threading), SMP (multi-threading), AVX3, AVX2, AVX, FMA4, FMA, NEON, SSE4.2, SSE4.1, SSSE3, SSE3, SSE2, SSE, Java and .NET.
SiSoftware is located in London, UK. For more information, please visit http://www.sisoftware.net, http://www.sisoftware.eu, http://www.sisoftware.info or http://www.sisoftware.co.uk